TIP: Click the Video tab to see this activity in action
The letting off of Fireworks and the lighting of bonfires is a long established and widely practised act of community celebration and commemoration, enjoyed throughout the world.
The most famous annual event in the UK being, Guy Fawkes night.
It is an offence to be in possession of an adult firework in a public place by a person under 18, or any category 4 firework (professional display firework) by any member of the public other than a professionally qualified and trained person.
* Keep fireworks in a sealed container.
* Use them one at a time, replacing the lid immediately
* Never put fireworks in your pocket
* Read the instructions carefully, using a torch, never a naked flame.
* Light fireworks at arms length using a taper or a firework lighter.
* Stand well back and never return to a firework after it has been lit, it could explode in your face.
* Ensure that all children are well supervised at all times.
* Never throw fireworks.
Level of Demand
The table below shows the maximum levels of demand that this activity requires. NOTE: These are not entry levels or levels of requirement and has nothing to do with ability.
Please be advised that this record has not necessarily been reviewed by people with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information. The information and images for this activity are supplied by the general public, Please contact us if there is a breach of copyright or you wish to improve the data.